Edmonton Art Instruction - Pros Art School
Learn to use a grid to draw any subject.
- paint the object in monochromatic – detect shapes and values of each object through squinting.
- apply the paint thinly on the canvas for control purposes.
- learn to use brush pressure to create detailed blending.
- acquire the basic skills of mixing one or more colors.
Learn to draw or paint freehand, still life, portraits and Landscapes.
- Create an under-painting where you build your composition foundation & plan light and dark areas.
- Use mono-chromatics and understand it’s function.
- Recognize and paint the important shapes and values and leave out trivial detail.
- Recognize when to use soft and hard edges.
- Paint the inside of a flower or a field of grass without painting every individual blade of grass.
drawing – tonal values – composition.
- Learn to draw a composition so the viewer’s eye moves throughout the piece.
- Gain the knowledge of paint thickness, brush strokes and colour harmony.
- Develop primary and secondary areas of interest and have the ability to handle the dead or quiet areas, so that the composition from corner to corner feels connected.
- View and study the Masters’ paintings and understand their compositions.